Host a fundraising event
Holding an event at your school or Early Learning Centre is a great way to bring your community together and give people the opportunity to support Dolly’s Dream.
School fundraising ideas
Have a school raffle and make up a hamper filled with blue items for the prize.
Set up a blue hairspray stall.
Sell blue cupcakes, muffins and jelly at lunchtime.
Sell blue ribbons for students to wear on their uniform.
Make kindness bracelets, blue key chain pom poms and earrings to sell at a school stall.
Host a Do It For Dolly Colour Explosion Fun Run.
And, for the traditional gold coin donation
- Paint a tree branch blue and make love hearts with kindness quotes to hang on the tree.
- Have a blue wall display and decorate it with Dolly’s Dream butterflies and bunting.
- Dress in blue day! Wear bright blue socks, hair ties, ribbon, arm bands, change your shoe laces to blue.
- Receive a kindness card that says ‘pay it forward’. Ask students to do something kind for someone and then give them the card to ‘pay it forward’.
- Do a big display of handprints, with what kindness means to them inside. These handprints can then be made into big butterfly wings which will be scattered around the school.
- Hold a Staff vs Students netball or football game.
- Hosting a BBQ lunch.
- Have a blue hairspray stall.
- Have a blue cupcake and muffin stall.
- Make crosswords and word searches about kindness.
- Play the the line up music to Tom Curtain’s Speak Up.
- Hold a free dress day, and encourage students to come in ‘What makes you you’.
- Have a walkathon with friends and school buddies around the oval.
- Cook up a blue pancake breakfast.
- Make origami butterflies in different shades of blue that can be put on display.
- Arrange a colouring in competition.
- Have the Dolly’s Dream webpage on screen all day, giving students a chance to click and learn about Dolly’s Dream.
Early Learning Centre fundraising ideas for a gold coin donation
Educators, families and children dress in blue.
Complete a range of kindness activities for children throughout the day.
Have a blue cupcake sale, baked and decorated by the children.
Make and decorate paper butterflies with the children.
Deck your centre out in blue, and talk with children about how they can talk to an adult or educator.
Have a conversation about how our words can affect others, and the importance of kindness, followed by games.
Engage in some blue art and craft.
Host a morning tea for families.
Do It For Dolly Colour Explosion Fun Run
Do It For Dolly and register your primary school or Early Learning Centre to participate in our Colour Explosion Fun Run! The most colourful fun run day you and your students can have, all while fundraising for Dolly’s Dream and creating a day that gives your centre or school community the opportunity to spread kindness and say no to bullying. Hold your fun run on any day in May as part of Do It For Dolly Day!
We have a huge range of kindness activities for Early Learning Centres and schools! Teachers can download and use our activities in class on Do It For Dolly Day.
Online School Workshop
Dolly’s Dream will be facilitating a short online session for schools about kindness in the lead up to Do It For Dolly Day. More details will be provided closer to the date, but make sure you tick the interested box on the registration page to be kept up to date.
Smiggle Kindness Badges and Keyring
Smiggle and Dolly’s Dream have created a new range of Kindness badges! Collect yours along with the keyring for young people to add to their backpacks! Buy these in bulk as a school fundraiser so children can pop it on their school bags on Do It For Dolly Day. A great reminder to #BeKind